Filters are everywhere, although usually they cannot be seen. They are installed in ventilation systems of office and public utility buildings, in public transport vehicles and private cars.
I started to work with filter media during my BEng studies. During my PhD I worked in a project focused on developing hybrid filter media with antibacterial and photocatalytic properties [1,2].
For Central Institute for Labour Protection – National Research Institute I designed and build two test stands for filter media testing according to the international standards [3-7].
- Polypropylene nonwoven filter with nanosized ZnO rods: Promising hybrid photocatalyst for water purification (ScienceDirect)
- Polypropylene -zinc oxide nanorod hybrid material for applications in separation processes (PDF)
- ISO 16890-1:2016 (iso.org)
- ISO 16890-2:2016 (iso.org)
- ISO 16890-3:2016 (iso.org)
- ISO 16890-4:2016 (iso.org)
- ISO 21083-1:2018 (iso.org)